Sunday, July 24, 2011

What I did on my summer vacation

Looking East off Highway 6, 11" x 14" oil on linen

Bishop California. What a terrific place to paint and wander. In years past I've always traveled through this sleepy town on my way to Mammoth or other parts North thinking I'm really not missing much. Boy was I wrong. This summer my good painting pal and generous friend Joe Mancuso invited me along for a three day painting trip. Needless to say it was memorable. The good thing was...Joe knows Bishop. When he was a kid Joe and his family spent many summer in the area and because of that we were able to preplanned our painting locations. We visited almost all the painting areas first and decided which would be morning painting and which would be good evening locations. The painting above is one of three pieces I'll be posting. Stay tuned. More to come.

4 comments: